While summer is one of the most popular times of the year to get married, every bride has considered how the warm weather and bright sun might adversely affect her big day. These five beauty products are what every summer bride needs in her arsenal to look her very best.
1. A light- to medium-hold hairspray
Even if you’re not usually a fan of hairspray, it pays to have a brand you can rely on for your big day. Consider the length of the day, the importance of keeping everything looking right for photos—and the potential for heat and humidity to undermine your look. Invest in something that will ensure your hair looks as beautiful at the end of the post-reception as it does when you style it in the morning.
- Aveda ‘air control™’, $26.00
- Garnier Fructis Anti-Humidity, $3.59
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold, $6.59
2. Oil-free foundation
Any other day of the year, an oil-based foundation can work wonders, but a summer bride needs to be aware of “melting.” Oil-free foundation will help prevent the natural oils of your skin from rising over the course of a busy, stressful day, which may turn your beautiful face into a beautiful mess. Go oil-free and retain your look from morning to night.
- Bare Minerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum, $28.00
- Estée Lauder Stay-in-Place Makeup, $37.00
- Stila Stay All Day Foundation, $44.00
3. Teeth whitening
Regardless of the time of year, teeth whitening is something almost every bride considers. Try out a proven solution such as the KöR Whitening System to get the most out of your pearly whites in the least time; you’ll only need to make a few visits to the dentist, with no pain and no fuss. If you want to look your absolute best in front of all of your guests, this is a secret weapon in your wedding beauty product regime you don’t want to forget.
4. Translucent HD powder
If you want your makeup to look amazing and your wedding photos to really shine, make sure you put an HD translucent powder to work. This will not only help absorb oils throughout the day, but also create a soft-focus effect on the skin, masking fine lines and other imperfections.
- e.l.f. High Definition Powder (also found at Target stores), $6.00
- Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder, $19.00
5. Waterproof mascara
Even if you’re absolutely stone-cold certain you won’t cry on the big day, there are always the normal summer considerations to be aware of: a bead of sweat from the heat and stress, a few stray raindrops from a seemingly cloudless sky, etc. Anticipate the unexpected and go waterproof—you won’t regret it.
- Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara, $26.00
- L’Oreal Paris Double Extend Waterproof Mascara, $9.99
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat, $21.00