If you’re trying to decide between traditional dentures and dental implants, read this informative guide from Florida Smiles.
What Are 7 Reasons To Consider Dental Implants Over Traditional Dentures?
- Dental implant restorations have been designed to provide a natural look, feel, and function just like your own teeth. They are tailored for each patient, tooth, and dental condition to ensure a snug fit. Dental implants are the most reliable and stable choice for replacing teeth. In fact, due to their realistic appearance, people may not even be able to tell that you have had your teeth replaced. Thanks to modern materials and technology, dental implant restorations are now a viable option for restoring your smile.
- When an adult tooth is lost, the bone mass around it begins to deteriorate as there is no root to stimulate bone growth. This bone loss is irreversible and can result in adjacent teeth shifting and facial features becoming sunken over time. Fortunately, with dental implants, you can help prevent bone loss. A dental implant can be used to replace the missing tooth, with a titanium rod acting as a new root to encourage the growth of new bone tissue. This process, known as osseointegration, helps to prevent bone reabsorption, movement of adjacent teeth, and facial sagging.
- Having gaps in your teeth or having to get dentures can affect the way you speak and be embarrassing. You can be concerned with how your voice will sound, as tooth gaps at the front of your mouth may cause a lisp and dentures may slip, leading to a slur or lisp. However, dental implants, with either a crown or implant-supported dentures, provide a stable surface for your tongue to press against when forming words. This ensures that the implants will not slip or slide, allowing you to speak freely and naturally without worrying about your voice.
- Dental implants offer an incredibly long-lasting solution for missing teeth. They act as a secure anchor for dental restorations, replacing the root of a missing tooth. With proper placement and care, they have an incredibly high success rate, and can even last a lifetime.
- Having dental implants is convenient because they demand minimal care and require the same level of hygiene as natural teeth. This includes brushing twice per day, using mouthwash, and flossing once a day. Additionally, it is important to visit your dentist every six months for checkups and preventive cleanings.
- Dentures and missing teeth, particularly molars, can cause difficulty when it comes to eating certain foods. Dental implants, however, provide a solution. By being firmly rooted in the jawbone, implants allow you to enjoy all your favorite crunchy and chewy foods without hesitation, while also experiencing the full flavor of the food.
- Having a gap in your smile can cause you to feel uncomfortable. You may be worried about how the gap affects your speech and how others perceive it when you laugh or talk. Fortunately, dental implants provide a natural-looking and feeling smile, so you can restore your confidence to smile, laugh, eat, and speak freely.
The Sadati Center For Aesthetic Dentistry In Wellington, FL Is Your Best Choice For Dental Implants
Having dedicated countless amounts of his time in being educated and skilled specifically in Dental Implantology, Wellington Cosmetic dentist Sam Sadati is a world-class dental implant expert. Dr. Sadati uses a powerful digital imaging system called Simplant to determine the optimum position, size, type, and number of implants to place in your mouth.
Once the necessary records have been taken, Dr. Sadati studies your case. Then, during your next visit, Dr. Sadati places the implants in the edentulous area. Over the next 3-8 months, your gums grow around the implant while it attaches to your jawbone. Once it is fully integrated, Dr. Sadati places your crown, bridge or denture over the implants.
At the Wellington dental practice of Dr. Sadati, we invite you to explore dental implants as ideal replacement teeth. Given the proper care, dental implants should last a lifetime. If you are ready for dental implants or seeking cosmetic dental care in the West Palm Beach, FL area, consider The Sadati Center For Aesthetic Dentistry in Wellington for all your general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry needs. To rejuvenate your smile and get pampered at our state-of-the-art, luxurious office, call 888-873-3558 today.