If you’re wondering whether you should get porcelain crowns or veneers, check out this guide from Florida Smiles.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
If you would like your smile to be beautiful and appealing, West Palm Beach dentist Dr. Sadati can help you with porcelain veneers. These custom-made restorations are incredibly strong, ultra-durable, and wafer-thin, and will be bonded to your teeth to create a long-lasting and unforgettable smile. With porcelain veneers, you can enrich your life with a stunning smile.
Porcelain veneers are a great way to improve the look of your teeth. They are designed to cover chips, repair cracks, close gaps, and restore the proper length, width, and color of your teeth. With porcelain veneers, you can expect straighter, whiter teeth that look totally natural. Dr. Sam S. Sadati, a South Florida dentist, uses advanced materials and techniques to provide conservative dentistry that produces life-like, radiant results.
In just two visits over the course of a few weeks, porcelain veneers can restore your smile from years ago or give you the smile of your dreams. When cared for properly, veneers can keep you smiling brightly for decades.
What Are Porcelain Crowns?
If a tooth is cracked, decayed, or badly damaged, Dr. Sam Sadati may suggest a dental crown or cap. These caps are custom-shaped to protect and cover the existing tooth structure. Crowns are popular because of their strength, stability, and versatility. Dr. Sadati and our laboratory collaborate to create the perfect custom crown for your tooth and your smile.
When choosing the best crown material for you, Dr. Sadati takes into account the location, health, appearance, and function of each tooth. Crowns are typically made from superior materials such as zirconium, porcelain, precious metals like gold, and semi-precious metals, or a combination of metal and porcelain.
Which Is Better For My Needs: Crowns Or Veneers?
- If you have a tooth with existing damage, such as a root canal, is worn or cracked, or is in need of a very large filling after the decay is removed, Dr. Sadati may recommend a dental crown.
- If your teeth are healthy but you want to address permanent staining or correct unsatisfactory tooth shape, veneers would be an excellent choice for your cosmetic dentistry needs.
What Should I Know Before Getting Veneers?
- In choosing veneers, you can expect that your teeth may be more aesthetically-pleasing because they won’t show a gum margin after several years (unlike with crowns).
- While veneers are a cosmetic dentistry procedure, they are not reversible. In order to place the dental veneers, part of your natural teeth will need to be trimmed away. Veneers can potentially leave more areas of your natural teeth exposed to tooth decay if you are not vigilant about regular oral hygiene.
What Should I Know Before Getting Crowns?
- In investing in a dental crown, the entirety of the treated tooth will be covered and protected from decay and damage. With porcelain crowns, you can expect your new dental crown to look and feel just like your natural teeth.
- Some patients experience more sensitivity to hot and cold food and drink after getting a dental crown. If the sensitivity does not subside, you should schedule a follow-up visit with your dentist.
The Sadati Center Of Aesthetic Dentistry Is The Best Choice For Cosmetic Dentistry
If you are seeking cosmetic dental care in the West Palm Beach, FL area, consider The Sadati Center For Aesthetic Dentistry in Wellington for all your general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry needs. To rejuvenate your smile and get pampered at our state-of-the-art, luxurious office, call 888-873-3558 today.