Even if you brush and floss daily to avoid cavities, deterioration can still happen to teeth. The good news is that cavities are simple to fix. The structure of teeth compromised by decay is restored with dental fillings.
The tooth-colored alternative to conventional metal amalgam fillings is a cosmetic filling, commonly referred to as a composite filling or a tooth-colored filling. They mimic natural teeth in appearance and are made of composite plastic resin.
Why Do People Need Dental Fillings?
A cavity is a weak spot in the tooth’s structure caused by decay. In order to safeguard and preserve the tooth’s structural integrity, a dentist removes the decay, then replaces the missing tooth material with a filling. Because the replacement material covers the gap left by the removal of the tooth’s decay, it is known as a filling.
Although it may be tempting to ignore a minor cavity in your mouth, cavities can seriously harm your dental health and have a number of adverse effects that can be fatal. Ignoring a cavity could potentially have consequences:
- Severe discomfort and pain from the decaying teeth
- Tooth infections
- Difficulty chewing
- Increased risk of gum disease and gingivitis
What Are The Benefits Of A Cosmetic Dental Filling?
1. Cosmetic dental fillings feel natural. The composite material used for cosmetic fillings is composed of porcelain and acrylic resin particles that closely resemble the color of your teeth. Because your fillings will look exactly like your molars and bicuspids, no one will even know that you have them.
2. Superior durability. Cosmetic fillings are constructed from strong, long-lasting materials. Your tooth will remain intact and have a lower chance of breaking in the future thanks to the filling. Although all fillings eventually need to be replaced, aesthetic fillings will last far longer. The back teeth, which are frequently the teeth with the most cavities, can benefit from the metal-free composite since the material can endure the pressure from biting.
3. Porcelain and acrylic dental fillings can improve your self-confidence. The metallic glitter of amalgam fillings is noticeable when speaking or laughing, which may make you feel self-conscious. By treating your tooth decay without causing any noticeable alterations to your natural teeth, this cosmetic dental procedure can preserve your dental well-being and increase your pride in your smile.
What Can I Expect From A Cosmetic Dental Filling Procedure?
Cosmetic fillings are an easy operation that can be finished in only one dental appointment. The region around your cavity will first be numbed by your dentist. To get rid of any leftover bacteria, the decay and debris from the teeth are removed. The cavity will then be filled with a filling material that matches the shade of your teeth by your cosmetic dentist. Your cavity will be fixed and your teeth will seem brand-new and natural after a fast polish. The process will be quick and painless in capable hands.
If you are seeking dental care in the West Palm Beach, Florida area, consider The Sadati Center For Aesthetic Dentistry in Wellington for your family and cosmetic dentistry needs. The Sadati Center For Aesthetic Dentistry is proud to offer metal-free composite fillings for patients seeking cosmetic dental fillings. Call 888-873-3558 to ask about a check-up or schedule a visit today.