There’s an old saying, “First impressions are lasting impressions.” However, putting your best foot forward when you don’t love the way you look can be difficult. If you find that you are frequently trying to hide your smile or feel nervous talking to others due to a chip or stain on your tooth, it might be time to consider cosmetic dentistry as a way to get you on the right track to a new and improved life.
Over time, teeth can lose their brightness and fade to a dull yellow due to age, diet, or certain medical issues. The most popular method of improving the look of your smile is teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is a simple cosmetic procedure that can rid your teeth of the stained look and bring about a new aura of confidence.
Teeth whitening can be done in any cosmetic dentist’s office. The Sadati Center uses the KöR Whitening System, one of the most effective of its kind on the market. In fact, the system is the only recognized method that whitens even tetracycline-stained teeth in a short time. Patients from all over highly regard the KöR Whitening System as one of the most reliable and painless teeth whitening methods around, which makes it a simple and great way to change the way your smile looks.
A more drastic way of changing the look of your smile is with dental veneers. Dental veneers consist of thin, tooth-colored material placed over your teeth. Veneers are used to improve the appearance of teeth by adjusting their size, color, shape or length. This method may be used to restore a single fractured or discolored tooth, or to create a Hollywood-type makeover for an entire mouth. Veneers are good options to change your smile if:
- You have small teeth and the spaces between them may not be easily closed by orthodontics.
- The edges of your teeth are worn away, resulting in a prematurely aged appearance.
- Your teeth are stained and cannot be lightened with cleaning or teeth whitening.
Veneers can completely change your smile by creating uniform color, shape, and symmetry.
A dental implant is a surgical implant that serves as support, much like a tooth root, and gives the look of a brand new tooth where one is missing. The implant is placed within the bone of the jaw to support an artificial tooth. The success of a dental implant procedure depends on the health of each individual patient. Poor oral hygiene and heavy smoking are two factors that can decrease the likelihood of a favorable outcome. Ideal candidates for dental implants are:
- Those who have lost a tooth or teeth due to disease, injury or another reason.
- Those who have an adequate amount of bone in the jaw to support the implant.
Your cosmetic dental team will create a treatment plan tailored to meet your specific implant needs. This method can be used for:
- Sinus augmentation, which helps raise the sinus floor and develops sufficient bone quantity and quality needed to place implants in the upper back jaw.
- Ridge modification to correct upper or lower jaw defects by filling the defect with bone or bone substitute to build the ridge as needed.
- Dental implant procedures that can replace a single tooth, several teeth, or all of them.
The results that you achieve with cosmetic dentistry can change your life by not only improving mouth function, but by giving you the confidence you need to take on the world. Schedule a consultation today for more information on how Dr. Sadati can give you the smile of your dreams.